Kidney stones, deals and marketing

Posted on 11. Dec, 2007 by in Random Ramblings, Real Estate Investing

Ok so can things get any more crazy for me? Just as I promise myself that I’m going to start sticking to my real estate guns so to speak because I’ve been totally out of the loop for like 3 months now guess what happens? I’ll give ya a minute to think…….

Times up. Friday afternoon evening, Kathy, Brandon (her 15 yr. old,) Joe (her 7 yr. old,) and I were out shopping and going to see Santa and all of that stuff. Well from 3pm on I had this horrible pain in my lower back and my side. I, honestly thought it was gas. It was pretty uncomfortable…..I mean I wasn’t much company for anyone to be honest with you. Later in the night after the kids are in bed Kathy tells me she thinks it’s kidney stones and that we should go to the hospital. I’m like nahhhh, it hurts but I think it would hurt even MORE if it was that. So, all night I’m in pain, nothing helped…standing, no, sitting, no, laying down, no. heating pad, no. Nothing. Midnight she suggests the hospital again and I say no way…it’s probably just really painful gas and I’ll be embarrassed. Finally, Saturday morning at 3am Kathy wakes up to find me curled up on the couch in pain, crying like a lil baby. She says “that’s it, I’m getting Joe and we are going to the hospital NOW!” (Brandon didn’t want to go…lol he was smart and kept sleeping….the 7 yr. old doesn’t have a choice but to go with mom tho lol)

Anyway…as it turned out yep….I had kidney stones. They first said it looked like 2 that needed to pass and 1 just hanging out in my kidney. But after reading my preliminary radiology report to my family doctor and my new urologist….it turns out only 1 needed to pass and the other one is hanging out in my kidney. (I passed it Saturday afternoon, btw.) But I’ve been taking my pain meds ever since cuz I was told there were 2 that needed to pass…..and I’ve gotten NOTHING down. I’ve just slept. I’m a light weight and just about any kind of drug makes me sleepy…so every 6 hrs. I was taking pain meds and sleeppppppppppppping. Now I’ve stopped the meds and on to real estate again (urology appointment is Jan. 3rd to find out about the stone, etc.)

Sooo real estate wise, what is up with me? Well still gotta get in touch with a supervisor for that deal whose sheriffs sale was postponed 30 days. I think I’ll get on the phone with them tomorrow and STAY on the phone until I get someone.

And the guy from Oxford returned my call today so I’m meeting his wife 1:15pm Thursday to get our paperwork notarized. Friday or the weekend I’ll probably head over and take pics, etc.

The numbers for this are really confusing. I mean this market is just all over the place. It’s kinda driving me nuts.

ARV: somewhere between $160k and $200k (seriously….but I’m leaning more towards the $160k mark for NOW.)

Repairs: 10k to 20k (mostly updating, etc.)

My offer: I think it was $95k lol I forget. I don’t have the paperwork in front of me.

They owe about $160k but that’s a first AND a second. The thing that confuses me about this short stuff amount and the percentages they say they’ll generally take of the bpo, etc. Is this: it’s the percentage WHO will take? Sure if it’s a first that’s a no brainer…but how does all of that 82% of bpo etc. work out when there is a first and a 2nd??

Then Friday afternoon I’ll be meeting a husband and wife who have a beautiful house in Berks County (Shillington.) It hasn’t sold for like 3 to 4 months now (on MLS) and they get nothing but positive feedback. Again, prices all over the place but the house was priced at what others have sold for…so I’m confused.

ARV: $199k I guess…..I mean it’s not selling over 200k now anyway…..

Repairs: $0

First of $117k

2nd of $59k

Bankruptcy of $20k

He told me everything has to go by his bk attorney first so it gets approved. And the bk attorney said as long as the price pays off the bk and all of the liens on the house it’ll be fine. However, ain’t no way that is happening.

I was thinking along the lines of like $145k to $147k. Pay off the first, pay off the bk and give the 2nd like 10k. If anyone is reading this, what do you think? Will that even fly? I have no idea.

The seller worked out an arrangement, temporary, with Countrywide, they have the 1st, but they are 1 month behind on the 2nd….and well Countrywide wants them to start paying $2300 a month jsut for the first! Plus a $500 2nd, plus $750 a month to the bk. So needless to say, they can’t do that……I don’t know how this one is gonna pan out, but I’ll see. Any thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated As I need to make a buck…slacking off for 3 months does NOT pay the bills. Ok I was only half slacking and the other half I had “LIFE” things to tend to but still…it don’t pay the bills.

On another good note, I sent out 8 postcards lol last thursday, 6 postcards yesterday, and 14 today. I have a headache now..putting things into perspective makes my head hurt.

But this lil guy can always make me feel better:

andrew in bathtub

Did you like this? Share it:
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!

Tags: , , ,

No comments.

Leave a Reply


− one = 0

CommentLuv badge