Ok so this post really has nothing to do about alpacas other than Kathy and I drove past some for sale today and I said “awww alpacas are cute. Let’s get one.” I didn’t really mean it tho lol I swear.
Anyway, I didn’t get much accomplished today but hopefully I’ll make that up now that I have a phat new HP 6500 all-in one wireless printer.
Well, this morning I met with another wholesaler. Big shout out to Bruce for buying me some breakfast, well actually it was my lunch since I already had my breakfast (my 4 organic carrots and 2 organic apples juiced. Yummy. Plus a banana, not juiced tho lol)
Anyway, Bruce and I are going to do some joint marketing deals when we get some wholesale properties under contract. Bruce…if you’re reading this….give yourself a shout out lol
I also have a scheduled appointment with a real estate attorney next Wednesday morning to talk about doing my settlements from now on. Since I’ve moved into this area (Oxford…aka boonyville) I don’t really have an connections here as far as title companies and such go. I think I’ll give Bruce’s company a shout too but in the meantime I’m going to meet Ira Binder on Wed. The broker of the new office I signed up with referred Ira.
Of course, I could use my old title company/attorney but the reality is he’s too far away. And we were always trying to struggle to find a settlement place closer to where the deals were. He was great, very creative and did the deals the way I needed them to be done, but I just need someone closer.
Now on to my 8 offers that I made the other night. Here’s the breakdown:
1) The agent submitted it (she was the one that used me as the agent cuz she was embarrassed by the offer 🙂
2) An agent told me that I needed to submit an offer on an agreement of sale and that she wouldn’t take a LOI.
3) An agent told me that there were 2 other offers on the property higher than my offer and 1 was significantly higher. He asked for my highest and best. I wasn’t going any higher.
4) An agent just told me that they have an accepted short sale offer at 65k so if I didn’t submit an offer for that he couldn’t help me. I think I’m going to email him back and be nice and ask him to SUBMIT my offer anyway 🙂 But now that I think about it, I think there’s a lot of bullshit going on with short sales that you to hold it for 90 days or some shit, etc. I may just nix that one unless someone posts on here giving me a reason not to.
5) Another agent told me that I really needed to put my offer on an agreement of sale, otherwise he couldn’t present it. He also told me there was another offer higher than mine (as if I care lol Btw, I’m sure most agent tell the truth when they say that, but overall I don’t believe them.)
The other 3 offers I’ve heard nothing about. I will email the wife of one of the agent’s tho. I know them personally…as a matter of fact I brought them into Keller Williams. They are in my Keller Williams downline and I get paid profit sharing each and every month from KW because of them and others I brought in (yes, even tho I’m not an agent there anymore.) Anyway, 99.99999% of their deals are reo’s so I’ll email the wife and see what’s up. I’ll also tell them to put me on their mailing list for future listings they get.
As for the other 1…guess I’ll call the agent and see what’s up. So far so good tho, I haven’t had one agent yell at me or tell me off about my low offers 🙂 That’s always a positive thing.
Ok so now I’m going to print out an Pennsylvania agreement of sale and scan it into my computer. Kathy showed me how I can make the text editable….so I’ll see if I can swing that, so I can just have it on my computer and easily change prices, address and such. I’m trying to make this process as seamless as possible. I seem to remember Steve Cook having his agreement set up a certain way and he would just send it to his agent, etc. Hmmmm…anyone remember what he did?
Oh and just so you know why I’m trying to make this as easy as possible…the PA agreement of sale is 18 friggin pages long. It’s soooo annoying and boring. Ughhhh.
Okey dokey pokey’s, I’m out like trout.