Before I go into the passive income opportunity seminar stuff I want you to know how happy I am to be home and drinking my morning breakfast of 4 organic carrots and 2 organic apples (there’s no parsley left.) I soooo missed that while I was away. I wish hotels would have Juicers in their rooms 🙂 Anyway, it’s good to be home and getting back to eating normal again.
Ok so this seminar was called Never Work Again. But I’m going to refer to it as the Passive Income Opportunity seminar because well, that’s what it was. Fair enough?
Day 1- opened with T. Harv Eker talking to us. He pretty much spent the whole day with us. For those that don’t know him, he wrote the book Secrets of the Millionaire Mind and he actually started the company Peak Potentials which is the company that puts on all of these training seminars.
Harv started off with going over again the difference between active income and passive income. He went over the golden goose working for you theory that they talk to you about in the Millionaire Mind Intensive. [Carey’s note: Have tons of free tickets to this event coming to me! Message me if you’re interest in a pair!] His main points were that you have to either Create, Build or Buy cash flow income vehicles i.e. passive income streams. Plus, you should set up your business so it works without you!
Here’s the main concept:
Create/Build/Buy your cash flow vehicle —> Earn some money with it —> Buy another cash flow vehicle —> Earn some money with it —> Buy another cash flow vehicle etc. etc.
Then he said that you can be FREE a whole heck of a lot faster than you can be rich. So let being free be your first goal and being rich be your second goal. And being free meaning that your income from your passive income streams is more than what your life expenses are.
Oh and by the way, with the whole passive income thang…..as I’m sure you all know it’s not 100% hands off. Everything we do, even when we set up our businesses to work with out, still requires some maintenance. It may be a little bit of maintenance but it’s maintenance none the less. I hope that makes sense to everyone.
Now Harv went on to quote a statistic that 84% of people would like to write a best selling book. Soooooo Harv proceeded to tell us how you go about getting on the best seller’s list!
He said the easiest list to go for is the Non-Fiction list. So go for the non-fiction designation for your book.
You’ll need a #1 Marketing Plan!!! Because even if you have a publisher they will tell you they’re going to market the heck out of your book, but they won’t. Your efforts need to sell 90% of your books!!!!
Keys to Creating a Best Seller
1) Quality of the Info- do not fill your book with fluff. You want people to refer to your book, not say it’s full of fluff.
2) Style- try not to sound like everyone else. Don’t be boring. Be an individual.
3) Marketing- you need to have an on-going marketing strategy. Even if you have a publisher act like you don’t. Have a unique selling position. Do joint ventures, p/r, use your connections, internet marketing, etc.
– some keys to marketing-
*Platform and Following- you must have a ready-made audience BEFORE writing your book. You develop a ready-made audience by doing seminars, having blogs, writing columns, doing a radio show, etc. It’s critical to have some kind of following prior to writing your book!
*Joint Ventures- use someone else’s database to sell your book.
How to Get on the Best Seller’s List
1) Focus on 1 time period- the different best seller’s lists focus on a certain period of time. So decide which list you want to get on and focus on that specific period of time. NY Time Advice list is # of copies sold per week, NY times Biz list is # of copies sold per month, Amazon is # of copies sold per day. Each list has a per week or per month or per day time line. Find the list you want and just focus on that timeline.
2) Batched Presales- You’re pre-selling your book during your pre-launch phase.
– Take pre-orders- enter all during that 1 week (or that 1 time frame that you picked!)
– Send Joint Venture letters- all orders must be in within that same time frame (best to tell the JV’s to do it within 24 hrs. tho.)
– Mail to your own database- tell them to buy within the next 24 hrs.
– Make sure your books are on bookstore shelves that week! (Preferably new release section.) They MUST be in the bookstores even tho you will be selling most of your books elsewhere probably.
– Your P.R. has to hit that week (or that time frame you are shooting for.) Talk shows, tv shows, radio shows, web interviews, etc.
***If you do a seminar, have Barnes and Noble or whomever bring THEIR copies to your seminar and sit them in the back to take orders. (If you buy a million copies of your book personally, it only counts as 1 sale. But if B&N brings their copies of your books and sells a million of them to a million different people at your seminar then it counts as a million sales.)
-Magic Book Selling Pill- is the free bonus. Include an awesome free bonus so folks want to buy your book now. Free seminar, free teleseminar, free coaching, etc. Make it a no-brainer to come to the seminar. Make the bonus more valuable than the book.
3) The book is your brochure- you have to have more to sell. If you don’t have a back-end there is no point in writing the book in the first place. Your whole point in writing the book and becoming a best seller is so you can sell more stuff. Whether it be coaching, seminars, or what have you. It has to be something because your best-selling book is the “brochure” to make folks want more of YOUR stuff. [Carey’s note- I found this point so super interesting. Never really thought about this before.]
Ok my fingers hurt from typing. I just realized that I probably have a month’s worth of blog posts from this seminar. Maybe more?? I don’t want to posts to get too long. By the way, day 1 isn’t even close to being over yet.
But I must head out….my car actually broke down last night on the way home from the grocery store. I called my rent-a-husband lol he’s our next door neighbor and he and his wife are absolutely awesome. He came and pushed me home 🙂 (his son, Matt, and Joe, Kathy’s 9 yr. old, helped push too. lol they were playing together and happened to go with Jeff to get me.)
Gonna get an oil change and see what’s up with it, then I gotta pick Kathy up from the airport at some point today.
I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know if you have any questions about it or any specific passive income opportunity questions and I will try to answer them for you or tell you that they are coming up in a future post.