I think we all know how important it is to have like-minded people in our lives. Grant it, all of you guys and gals that read this blog are like-minded plus all of the blogs that I read, those folks are like-minded as well. So we have many like-minded connections via email and blogs and forums, etc.
But I think it’s also super important to have like-minded in person folks in our lives….wouldn’t you all agree? Sometimes, however, this may be a lot harder than we want it to be. Anyway, I don’t know if ya’ll remember that I told you about the couple that Kathy and I met with and played Cashflow with?
The couples name is Bob and Coleen. Kathy and I met Bob at our monthly local poker tournament that we go to. We call him Poker Bob but his poker name is Mr. Big Nuts 🙂 (my poker name there is Cash N’ and Kathy’s is Kdoc.) Anyway….I actually sold Bob and his wife a Rainbow and I think that was the single best sale I made in Rainbow because I spent a long time there and we found out that we had a whole lot more in common than just poker. We were like-minded.
After that Bob and Coleen invited Kathy and I to dinner and to play Cashflow. And we just talk a lot about investing and goals and things of that nature. It’s very ummmm what’s the word I’m looking for here…..well I’ll just say it’s very nice.
Kathy and I went over again Friday evening for dinner and we chatted about passive income ideas and what vehicles we planned to use to meet our goals in the future. Bob had to leave us about 1/2 hr. after we arrived because he had to head to church because he was having a rehearsal for today. (Today he was being made a sub-deacon. Not that I have any idea about that stuff but I think it’s cool because Bob was super excited about it, so I’m super excited about it for him!) He did finally join us again tho 2 hours later.
We’re kind of like accountability partners for each other too. We’re working on budgets and goals for our next meeting (which Bob and I are more excited about then Coleen and Kathy are lol)
Ohhhh and to top it all off….we spoke to them about us getting into apartment buildings more in detail and that our goal is to get bank financing for 80% for the most part and then private money for the other 20%. They were interested!!! We found our first private money lenders! We, of course, just have to hook up with an SEC attorney because we want to always make sure we do things above board and we also have to find a deal!
This week guys I plan on kicking a$$!!!! I’ve been really sleepy lately and I seem to get winded after I do the simplest thing (Kathy thinks I’m depressed because of a lack of money, especially since I’ve been out of commission for a month.) Whether I am or not, is irrelevant to me, because I’m gonna get my shit on track now…….I have no other option.